Kava is a great beverage for relaxing and stress relief, and there is a wide array of different types. It’s essential that you find the one that suits your requirements the most in order to get the best possible results. We have covered some of the top-rated ones so that you don’t have to waste time and effort looking for them yourself.
Top Rated Kava Tea Products
Yogi Kava Tea
The popular Yogi tea contains organic barley malt, natural hazelnut flavor, natural cinnamon bark oil, and natural licorice flavor. Unlike other widely-used teas, this one has a sweet flavor without it being overwhelmed with additives and enhancers. The rich flavor comes from the combination of cinnamon and sarsaparilla.
On top of that, carob pod adds a particularly nice touch which turns this tea into a tasty beverage. In case you’re struggling to fall asleep or are stressed due to problems in your personal life, Kava tea might be a good solution.
It’s important to point out that this product is completely caffeine-free. While many people consider this fact somewhat irrelevant, there are individuals who pay special attention to the levels of caffeine, especially people with heart problems. When it comes to overall quality, Yogi is well-known for incorporating high-quality substances in their products, and this one isn’t any different. They implement highly selective standards and rigorous quality control. In simpler words, you can rest assured that every bag of Yogi Kava tea is made to meet the highest standards.
What’s also quite important to remember is that this product isn’t evaluated by the FDA and thus is not intended to cure, prevent, or diagnose any disease. Therefore, it’s crucial for you to consult your physician and ask for advice, especially if you frequently drink alcohol or are currently under therapy. Furthermore, if you experience and develop symptoms similar to ones that indicate liver damage, stop using Kava tea and visit a doctor.
The recommended dosage is one cup per day. However, depending on the intensity of your issues, you can use two tea bags for a stronger effect. Ultimately, on particularly challenging days, you can drink three to four cups. There are 16 tea bags in each pack, meaning you’ll get 96 tea bags by purchasing six packs. Many avid tea drinkers agree that this is quite a good deal for newcomers.
BE SLEEPY Relaxing Bedtime Tea
In case you’re looking for a night of restful sleep, BE SLEEPY will definitely help relax the nervous system and encourage a good night of sleep. The main ingredients are – chamomile, lavender, kava kava, valerian, passionflower, catnip, hops, lemon balm, and vervain. It’s important to point out the fact that all of these ingredients are organic.
BE SLEEPY works well for anxiety issues, but its main purpose is to secure a good night’s sleep. Chamomile and Lavender taste and smell wonderful meaning you’ll probably love the taste of this beverage.
Now, many people think it’s usually a standard for tea to taste good, even like candy, but it’s far from the truth. In fact, Kava in its raw form doesn’t taste good at all. While Kava is the main ingredient, many companies decide to incorporate taste softeners such as chamomile or lavender. On the other hand, in case you never tried Kava tea, prepare for some bitterness. In fact, this beverage has a spicy smell to it and a very bitter taste despite the lavender and chamomile mitigating some of it.
If you decide to try this herb tea, keep in mind to consult your doctor before drinking it, especially if you’re undergoing therapy or are pregnant. It’s not for long-term use either, because unusually high dosages can jeopardize one’s health, especially when it comes to liver functions. While these side-effects seem quite worrisome, they are quite rare and virtually non-existent as long as you follow the rules of dosage and maximum daily intake.
The only thing most people didn’t like about this tea is its price. Even though it doesn’t seem too expensive, there are some other ones that are relatively cheaper but offer similar benefits. However, on the other hand, one’s health shouldn’t have a price in the first place.
Kava Kava Root Tea
Unlike the two aforementioned products, this one isn’t as strong. In fact, it’s more of an affordable version of the ones we’ve covered thus far. However, that doesn’t mean it’s not practical and beneficial for people who struggle with sleep deprivation, anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
The package contains 18 bags meaning there are 18 doses. The manufacturer didn’t specify the recommended dosage, but you shouldn’t take more than 2-3 per day, or else you risk jeopardizing your well-being instead of making an improvement.
The important thing here is the fact that the manufacturer uses only organic ingredients which are harvested in a way that lets them maintain natural purity. On top of that, the company has created a great campaign planting 5000 trees a year to offset the paper use in their tea bags. While it’s an admirable act, quite a few people don’t like it because it directly affects the quality of the tea bags. In simpler words, if there’s anything negative about this particular product, it’s the quality of the bags.
One would imagine there’s no way that tea bag quality has anything to do with the overall quality of the beverage, but it actually does. The main issue with the bags is that they don’t allow flavor to brew through. That consequently leads to a much weaker beverage in comparison to some other ones available on the market. While the taste is more a matter of personal preferences, the consensus on this particular one is that it’s quite bad.
Overall, this is a good solution for people who are just starting with Kava Kava. It’s not particularly aggressive nor does it cause any significant side-effects. However, it’s not as strong as one would imagine and thus can yield some pretty underwhelming results.
Effects and Benefits
Before you decide which product to invest in, there are some things you should be aware of and pay attention to. Even though many people consider this beverage relatively harmless, it can cause severe issues, especially when it comes to the chemical equilibrium in one’s liver. Therefore, take a moment and check the do’s and don’ts so that you can react accordingly if something goes wrong.
- Anxiety is one of the most common conditions people suffer from in the modern age. Millions of people around the world struggle with anxiety issues and the vast majority of them are undergoing therapy mainly consisting of prescription drugs such as Xanax.While it’s a legitimate way of battling anxiety, not everyone likes taking strong medicines, especially people who already have issues with their liver or kidneys. Luckily, Kava Kava is a great alternative, albeit it’s definitely not a substitution. Depending on the severity of your condition, there is a good chance you’ll have to combine different medicines in order to find the sweet spot. Needless to say, every person has a different metabolism which makes it even harder to find the right means to battle with anxiety, mood swings, aggression, depression, etcetera.
- Sleep deprivation and insomnia, in general, are quite challenging to treat. People have tried numerous things to alleviate the impact of insomnia, but without much success. However, Kava is known for its ability to calm and relax one’s muscles which helps a lot when it comes to insomnia issues. Its sedative effect is due to the blocking of calcium and sodium ion channels. It also increases neurotransmitter bindings to GABA-A receptors. On top of that, it encourages the production of dopamine and noradrenaline.
- Drug addiction is a massive problem nowadays, and most treatments are rather aggressive and invasive. While Kava doesn’t guarantee success in the battle with drug addiction, it certainly does alleviate the cravings. The anti-craving effect is due to the increased dopamine levels that get elevated thanks to Kava’s natural properties.
Even though Kava is relatively safe to use, supplements that contain leaves and root peelings are a real threat to one’s liver. That’s why it’s highly recommended that you only use extracts made from peeled roots and rhizomes.
- Furthermore, as we mentioned, this supplement should not be used as the primary agent for various treatments. For example, even though it works wonders for anxiety and insomnia issues, that doesn’t mean it substitutes prescription drugs. That’s why it’s called a supplement instead of being a medicine. Before you decide to buy and drink Kava, make sure to consult a physician and seek advice. Pregnant women and people with liver issues should avoid using this supplement.
- The worst thing about Kava is that it can be abused and used as a recreational psychoactive drug. Drinking large amounts of this beverage produces hypnotic and narcotic effects which are very similar to the impact of alcohol abuse. Most of these herb therapies aren’t FDA compliant meaning you should take extra precautionary steps before commencing treatment. Contrary to popular belief, not being FDA approved doesn’t indicate illegal substances or activities. Therefore, you shouldn’t get worried much, but you should remain cautious and read the declaration on every package in order to avoid getting something that will jeopardize your health.
This widely-used supplement is a fantastic solution for a variety of conditions; there’s no question about that. However, its effects and overall impact on one’s wellbeing shouldn’t be taken lightly, and it’s of utmost importance that you get familiar with the benefits and side effects before using it. It does come with a few downsides, especially if you have problems with your liver and kidneys. Therefore, it’s strongly recommended that you consult a doctor before even thinking about Kava therapy.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a decent substitute for your prescription drugs, this might be a good idea. It might not have a miraculous effect, but it definitely alleviates some of the burdens that come included with stressful situations.